- Astro 7 UXDS - Dark Theme
- Astro 7 UXDS - Light Theme
- Astro 7 UXDS - Wireframe Theme
- Astro UXDS 6.0 - Dark Theme
- Astro UXDS 6.0 - Light Theme
- Astro UXDS 6.0 - Wireframe Theme
- Astro UXDS Icon Library
The Astro Figma files use fonts that are free to download from Google and linked below. Astro 6 Figma files use a combination of Roboto and Roboto Mono. Astro 7 Figma files use Roboto. To see the latest recommended fonts for Astro applications, go to our Typography page.
Astro and R2C2 Design Compliance
The Astro team has worked with R2C2 to establish the R2C2 Design Compliance requirements for developers targeting the R2C2 Platform. These requirements are specific to R2C2 development; these requirements are based on common best practices and accessibility guidelines and it is highly recommended for all users to incorporate them into their applications.
Astro strives to achieve compliance with applicable DOD design standards. Astro 7 was audited to determine its level of compliance with relevant items in Section 5.17 (Information Systems) of MIL-STD-1472H, and as of September 29, 2022 this is our assessment of Astro UXDS compliance.
Each page on astrouxds.com has a support button at the bottom of the page for technical support.
- Stackoverflow – Questions and problem solving
- SmashingMagazine - HTML, CSS, JS, UX/UI, typography and design
- Alistapart - Web design, development, standards, and best practices
- Abookapart - Books for web design, development, standards, and best practices
- w3.org - Authoritative source for HTML standards
- Accessible Colors - Evaluate color combinations using the WCAG 2.0 guidelines for contrast
- Can I Use? - Browser support tables
Books on UX Design
- An Introduction to Human Factors Engineering, Second Edition, by Wickens, Lee, Liu, Becke
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design 4th Edition by Alan Cooper, Robert Reimann, David Cronin, Christopher Noessel
- HTML5 For Web Designers by Jeremy Keith (Online, and for purchase)
- Just Enough Research by Erika Hall
- Microinteractions: Designing with Details 1st Edition by Dan Saffer
- Process and Guidelines for Ensuring a Quality User Experience by Rex Hartson, Pardha S. Pylar
- Sketching User Experiences by Bill Buxton
- Writing for Interaction: Crafting the Information Experience for Web and Software Apps by Linda Newman Lior